Leadership is a set of practices that can be learned by anyone
Evidence-based, rigorously tested, using over 30 years of research and data from millions of leaders around the world, the Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI) is the cornerstone of The Leadership Challenge.
Over 2.5 million people have used the LPI as a first step to reaching their personal leadership best – proving that leadership can be learned by anyone.
What is LPI?
It’s a 360° assessment instrument derived from the critically acclaimed Leadership Challenge book. It helps leaders understand the extent to which they use the Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership – enabling individuals and organisations to create plans for self-improvement.
The LPI is a questionnaire with 30 behavioural statements. Leaders evaluate themselves and select seven to ten people to complete the questionnaire. The leader is then rated on how frequently they have engaged in each behaviour. With the exception of the leader’s manager, all observer feedback is anonymous.
The benefits of LPI
It helps build self-awareness and improve leadership performance. Whether within the Leadership Challenge Workshop or in a coaching assignment, the LPI:
- Raises awareness around the frequency of leadership behaviour
- Opens new avenues for discussion with coaches, facilitators or managers
- Helps explore and identify strengths and weaknesses
- Provides a robust framework for feedback and goal setting
- Enables people to consider the impact of their behaviour on others
- Provides a powerful and motivational force for future development